Consumer Action Law Group and their auto fraud attorneys have filed many auto fraud lawsuits against car dealerships to fight fraud and help buyers get their money back and cancel bad car contracts.
Talk to our auto attorney if this happened to you
- You bought a car and paid more than the advertised price
- You bought a car and it broke down soon after you drove off the lot
- You bought a car without being told that it has been in an accident or that it is defective or has frame damage.
- You bought a car with a warranty that the dealer won’t honor, or you are being told that your repair is not covered due to an exclusion.
A salesman at the car dealership often try to make buyers believe they got a deal, but in reality, used cars often have problems that buyers don’t know about. Many used car dealers sell cars with frame damage and defective engines. Laws in California are designed to protect innocent consumers and car buyers who think they are getting a good deal when they are actually being sold a car that was in a prior accident, or a vehicle that is defective, or a contract for more than the advertised price.
We sue car dealerships for fraud and scams such as the following:
- Selling the vehicle for more than the advertised price
- Hiding and failing to disclose prior accidents
- Hiding and failing to disclose prior use as a rental car
- Hiding and failing to disclose prior frame damage
- Hiding or failing to disclose prior engine defects and major repairs
- Breaking up the down payment into amounts to pay later [Deferred]
- Adding additional options or features without your consent
- Suing car dealership for negligence
Auto fraud attorneys are available at the Consumer Action Law Group to help victims of car scams. Auto fraud lawyers help buyers get their money back and cancel illegal contracts at a very low upfront cost to them.
Call us if you want to:
- Get your money back
- Return your car to the dealer and get out of your contract
- Keep your car, but make the dealer pay for repairs or pre-existing damage
Do You Have a Case?
In California, a lawsuit can be filed for many reasons. You should consult with an attorney if you are having a dispute with your car dealer. Here are the issues that an auto fraud attorney researches: contract does not accurately reflect the number of down payments, increase in monthly payments, the sales price is higher than the advertised price, a salvaged title, prior accidents, prior rental, existing defects, mechanical problems, change in financing and terms of the loan.
In many cases, auto fraud lawyers file lawsuits and get the client money’s back long after the fraud occurred. Experienced auto fraud attorneys can help buyers get out of contracts, replace, repurchase, or even return their vehicles to get their money back.
These are some of the issues that make a case strong:
- Not disclosing prior engine defects, major repairs, prior accidents, prior frame damage, prior rental use
- Selling the vehicle for more than advertised price
- Collecting deferred down payments
- Increasing the amount of the down payment from the amount agreed upon
- Changing the sale price or monthly payments that were agreed upon
- Failing to disclose the price of a trade-in vehicle in the contract
- Adding options without disclosing to the buyers
- Up charging for accessories that weren’t needed and were labeled as “required”
- Changing the amount of a monthly payment or the interest rate
- Backdating contracts, where car dealerships ask buyers to come back at a later time and sign a second contract
There are many scams that an auto fraud attorney can easily identify to help buyers get their money back. The auto dealer fraud attorneys at Consumer Action Law Group are very familiar with dealership fraud and it has been their mission to defend buyers from the sale of defective cars. Consumer Action Law Group is dedicated to helping victims of auto fraud. They have a team of auto fraud lawyers and attorneys that work with the client and guide the client on the best course of action; some cases do not require legal action to get resolved. If you think you are a victim of auto fraud, the auto fraud attorney at Consumer Action Law Group offers free legal consultations by phone or in person to discuss legal options or review your case.
Did You Buy a Lemon?
The auto fraud attorneys at Consumer Action Law Group have filed many lawsuits and handled hundreds of auto fraud cases to help buyers who have been ripped off by auto dealers. Many buyers are forced to spend money trying to fix engine problems and mechanical issues after buying a defective car. An experienced auto fraud attorney will know when it is best to file a lawsuit and sue dealership service departments for not repairing a car after many attempts.
Auto Fraud Attorney Legal Fees
The dealer fraud attorney at Consumer Action Law Group file lawsuits on a contingency fee basis, otherwise known as “no win no fee lawyers.” Under the consumer laws in California, legal fees are usually paid by the dealership that breaks the law. Typically, when a case goes to trial, the legal fees are awarded by the court. If the case is dismissed or dropped, the client does not have to pay anything. If the case is won, clients often receive more money from the dealership than their out of pocket costs; punitive damages may be awarded to the buyer to punish the dealer for their bad acts.
Hire an Auto Fraud Attorney and Get Rid of a Defective Car and out of a Bad Car Contract
The auto dealer fraud attorney at Consumer Action Law Group sues car dealerships for violations of California and Federal consumer laws. Most car buyers do not know when the dealership is breaking the law. The lemon law attorney at Consumer Action Law Group will investigate all contractual, financing issues, and multiple repair claims. Often, evidence of auto dealer fraud is found when researching one issue and many more violations are found after some investigating.
Car buyers don’t have to get stuck with a defective car or a bad contract. Some car dealers will tell you that the car was in perfect condition when you bought it, and hide the CarFax showing prior accidents; maybe showing that your car was rented out before you bought it. You may be changing the oil and find out that the car frame has been bent in a prior accident. No matter what the issue, contact the auto fraud lawyers at Consumer Action Law Group of California and enlist their team of attorneys to help you get the money you deserve.
This article is also published on: