Avoid Credit Repair Companies and Fix Credit Score Yourself

One of the best ways to dispute credit report errors without paying for credit repair companies services is to write a dispute letter to credit bureaus.

This forces the credit bureaus to look at your dispute and fix any errors on your credit report within 30 days. Otherwise, you can file a lawsuit to get the errors corrected if they do not respond within the 30 days.

Learn how to write a dispute letter or to file a lawsuit against the credit bureau from out credit report lawyers today.

Get in touch with our credit dispute lawyers at (818) 254-8413 for free consultation.

Writing a TransUnion Dispute Letter to Fix Credit Report Inaccuracies

Writing a credit report dispute letter to TransUnion can correct the errors and fix your credit score. When TransUnion receives your dispute letter, they have 30 days to investigate the errors in question and properly respond.

A proper response from the credit bureau would be to check your credit report and confirm the accuracy of the error. If they do not properly respond, meaning the credit bureau takes no action in response to the dispute letter, you can sue the credit reporting agency to get the errors corrected.

Steps to Fixing Credit Report Mistakes from the 3 Credit Bureaus

There are three steps to ensure that errors on your credit report from any of the 3 credit bureaus are fixed. Our credit report lawyers are able to carry out any of the three steps on your behalf.

Step 1: Get Your Free Copy of Credit Report

Get the most recent copy of your credit report from one of the three credit bureaus. The Fair Credit Reporting Agency (FCRA) disclosure entitles you to an annual free copy of your credit report from the three credit reporting agencies: TransUnion, Experian, and Equifax.

After you have received a copy of your credit report, identify as many errors you can find to include in a credit report dispute letter. The more mistakes you can find the better chance of you fixing your credit score.

Step 2: Write a Dispute Letter to Your Credit Bureau

When you believe that you have found all the errors, start writing a credit bureau dispute letter. Make sure to list all the mistakes you want fixed and include documents to support your claims.

It is important to include supporting documents because, without sufficient documents, the credit bureaus can simply say that they did not receive enough to consider the dispute investigation-worthy.

The credit reporting agency then has 30 days upon receiving your dispute letter to investigate and correct your credit report errors.

Step 3: File a Lawsuit Against Credit Bureau

If the credit bureau has not responded to your letter in 30 days, you can file a lawsuit against them to get the errors corrected.

If you have written a strong dispute letter in step 2, it will be easy to prove the errors in question in court. With a weak dispute letter, proving that the credit bureau recorded inaccurate information on your credit report will be more difficult.

Our FCRA Lawyers Fix Credit Report Mistakes Without Credit Repair Companies Service

Our FCRA lawyers fix credit report errors by helping you write a strong credit report dispute letter and file a lawsuit against credit bureaus, all without a credit repair company’s service.

Get in touch with our credit dispute lawyers today at (818) 254-8413 to fix your credit score.

avoid credit repair companies

We offer free consultation!

Back to Top