Our TCPA attorney can help you collect $500 – $1500 for every call or text you receive from debt collectors and telemarketers! Talk to our TCPA attorney today and learn how to earn cash from telemarketers and debt collectors. The consultation is FREE!
Most people don’t realize that companies need permission to call a person more than one time. If you are currently receiving multiple automated telemarketing calls or collection calls, you can speak to our TCPA attorney immediately for instructions to turn those calls into cash. You can turn each of your unwanted calls into cash with awards of $500 minimum per call under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)!
What Is TCPA?
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) says that debt collection agencies and telemarketers cannot contact consumers without their consent or permission; this applies to:
• Mobile phones or cell phone
• Text messages or SMS messages
• Home phones or Household phone lines
• Fax lines
TCPA also limits telemarketers and debt collectors from calling individuals who already signed up to a Do-Not-Call PC Registry.
What Is a TCPA Violation?
Every time a debt collector or a telemarketer sends a text message or uses an automated dialer with a pre-recorded message to call consumer cell phones unless that company has permission to contact that person, it is a TCPA violation.
If this happens to you, you might have a case…
Debt collectors contact your workplace after you have asked them not to call you.
Debt collectors call you prior to 8 am or after 9 pm.
Debt collectors do not tell you that they are creditors or debt collectors who are attempting to collect a debt.
Debt collectors inform people other than your spouse about the debt you owe.
Creditors or debt collectors call you multiple times every day when you have asked them not to call you anymore.
Debt collectors threaten to file a lawsuit, or garnish your wages or take legal action if you do not pay your debts.
Creditors or debt collectors try to collect more than the debt amount owed.
Creditors or debt collectors request the incorrect individual, calling you by the wrong name.
Creditors or debt collectors use intimidation and threats to ruin your credit score.
Examples of TCPA Violations:
• When Creditors call to let you know that you have not made a payment for a debt that you owe you can simply tell them “stop calling me.” Any call after that will be considered a TCPA violation.
• If you use a store credit card to make purchases and fall behind on payments, the store can make a courtesy call to let you know that you have late payments with them. If you tell them not to call you anymore they are required to stop contacting you. If you continue to receive calls from the store about the late payment, that is a TCPA violation.
• If your phone rings with a pre-recorded message from an automated dialer; it should also give you an option to speak to a live agent or press a number to stop all calls. You can tell the live agent “stop calling me” and hang up. Any calls after from that same company will then be considered a TCPA violation.
Damages and Awards: You can get paid up to $1500 per phone call from debt collectors or telemarketers who knowingly and willfully violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)!
How to Document Evidence for a TCPA Lawsuit
Collecting evidence for the TCPA violation is simple. Below are the steps to take to document evidence for TCPA violations:
• If the TCPA violation is for cell phones, you will need to save your cell phone bills so that it is possible to review all calls from phone logs and your monthly billing statement.
• You will need to ask for the caller’s name and ID to make a written record of the incoming call. It is important to write down the time of the call and date of the call, the caller’s name, and a summary of the conversation.
• It’s best to save voice messages from auto dialers or telemarketers.
• If you sign up for the Do Not Call Registry or send a letter to stop receiving calls, please keep a copy of the letter.
Think You Have a TCPA Case? Talk to Our TCPA Lawyers for FREE!
If you think you have a TCPA case, call us immediately! Our TCPA attorney will help to determine if you have a case at no cost. The consultation is Free. And if you have a case, our TCPA attorney will file the TCPA case on a contingency basis. That way your creditors or telemarketer will pay the penalty for calling you and pay for our TCPA attorney’s fees as well.